Monday, August 12, 2013

A Conversation with Jesus

"I'm tired, *worn* really..." I whisper w/a deep sigh.

Jesus says: "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

"I'm stressed out...frustrated...feel like I'm barely treading water!" I bellow at full volume.

Jesus says: "Cast all your cares on me, for I care for you".

"I feel fearful, riddled w/anxiety...sleep fails me...the what-if's just keep coming like a flood". I cry out while biting my nails incessantly.

Jesus says "Do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will worry about itself".

"But I feel weak..." I argue.

Jesus says "You can do all things through Me. I will give you *my* strength".

"But I have family and friends who have so many trials to endure...there's cancer, there's loss, there's divorce, there's job problems, money problems..."

Jesus says "In this life you *will* have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world".

"But things are so confusing...how do I know which way to turn, what to believe, where to go, what to do?? There's so much chaos and confusion out there."

Jesus says "*I am* the way, the truth and the life".

"But someday...any day really, I'm gonna DIE...I mean...DEAD, buried, gone".

Jesus says "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die. In fact, I go to prepare a place just for you".

"Jesus, I'm running out of things to complain about."

Jesus says "Ummm....that's kind of the point".

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment